Structural steel bolting is a critical aspect of all structural steel systems. There are more bolted connections in a structure than welded connections.
There are seven critical topics that this training will cover, which include but are not limited to:
- Material Requirements
- Installation Requirements
- Testing Requirements
- Inspection Requirements
- Arbitration Testing
- Common Problems and their Solutions
The enabled learning objectives of this course are as follows:
- The student will have a general understanding of the basic material requirements for High-strength bolting
- The student will acquire an understanding of the basic joint types and installation instructions.
- The student will acquire an understanding of how to inspect and test high-strength bolts.
The course consists of approx. 1.5 hours of lecture and review of the RCSC Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 Bolts, along with another 1.0 hours of instructional videos covering various process and material requirements.
This is compliant to provide CEU's for ICC and AWS.
Inspector Training Academy (International Code Council Preferred Provider)
ICC-issued PP course number (15546)
0.25 Total course ICC CEU's